Assertive Illinois DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Your Rights
Tough criminal defense lawyer fights for your driving privileges in the Chicago area
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of your license, higher insurance premiums, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI/DWI in the Chicago area or anywhere in Illinois, the Law Offices of James F DiQuattro can provide the diligent defense you deserve. I understand that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. I have the knowledge and tenacity to challenge the evidence against you and pursue the best possible outcome.
Determined Illinois advocate challenges drunk driving charges
A law enforcement officer’s quest for an arrest or a prosecutor’s desire for a conviction should never take priority over your right to fair treatment. At the Law Offices of James F DiQuattro, I may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. I will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on “reasonable suspicion” that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels.
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an arrest to be valid, there must be probable cause.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
By challenging these procedures, I will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Contact an aggressive Illinois DUI/DWI defense lawyer
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a strong defense attorney can challenge the charges against you. Call the Law Offices of James F DiQuattro, in Chicago, today at 312-627-9482 or contact me online to set up a free consultation.