Chicago Financial Crimes Lawyer
Financial crimes are those in which unlawful activities are conducted by individuals or groups seeking to gain some type of financial benefit from their victims. These crimes can involve a single victim or groups of victims and are typically done through deceit or misrepresentation. They are often committed by persons in a position of trust who have access to financial resources, such as investment counselors, accountants, and public servants. These crimes can fall under both state and federal laws developed to curtail such activities.
If you have been accused of a financial crime of any kind, you are at risk for hefty fines, incarceration, restitution to victims, asset seizure, and a future with a permanent criminal record. Because these crimes involve dishonesty, your career or job may be lost. You will need to fight back with an aggressive defense. The Law Offices of James F. DiQuattro prides itself on providing strong and dedicated advocacy for those facing financial crime charges. We are known for going the extra mile in preparing and defending cases in search of the best possible results.
Accused of financial crimes? Discuss the details with our Chicago financial crimes attorney in your free consultation. Contact us online or at (312) 376-0020.
More About Financial Crimes
Many types of crimes can be considered financial in nature. These can vary in the manner in which they are carried out, such as stealing another’s identity via internet hacking or by purse-snatching or mailbox theft.
Financial crimes can include but are not limited to the following:
- Identity theft. Stealing another’s identity can then be used to drain bank accounts, obtain credit, and more.
- Money laundering. This process turns funds gained through criminal acts into lawful income.
- Embezzlement. This typically involves misappropriating funds from an employer by an employee with financial access.
- Tax evasion. This can be done at the local, state, or federal level.
- Fraud. Fraud is achieved through false representation. It can be committed against individuals, groups, or the government. Examples include Medicare/Medicaid fraud, welfare fraud, credit card fraud, mail fraud, payroll fraud, accounting fraud, mortgage fraud, and more.
- Corruption and bribery. Corruption involves abuse by those in positions of trust in seeking their own private gain. It commonly refers to corruption by elected/public officials. Bribery is a type of corruption designed to gain favor from someone in power or authority.
- Racketeering. This involves criminal organizations creating schemes (“rackets”) to obtain profit from others through fraud, coercion, extortion, or other means.
- Ponzi schemes. These schemes generally involve scamming new investors to pay earlier investors in some type of financial fraud.
Many government agencies are in charge of fighting financial crimes, such as the FBI, the IRS, and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network. These agencies often conduct lengthy investigations collecting evidence against alleged offenders and organizations. Facing state or federal charges related to any financial crime is a serious legal matter that can have severe negative repercussions on your reputation, freedom, and future.
Experienced Representation from the Law Offices of James F. DiQuattro
If you are being investigated or have been arrested for any type of financial crime in Chicago, Cook County, Maywood, or the South Suburbs, you can rely on experienced legal help from our firm. Work with a skilled litigator and team that will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your case in search of weaknesses, flaws, and inconsistencies. We will apply all legal tools to pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
Put Dedicated Legal Representation On Your Side
Serious criminal charges call for serious legal representation. The knowledge, skills, and professionalism of the criminal defense attorney you choose to defend you can make a huge difference in results. Find out how our firm can help you by contacting us as soon as possible.
Contact Us Today